Wednesday, July 27, 2022

If only I had the wall space...........

 Last weekend I was lucky enough to go to Bilbao with my beautiful daughter. I had always wanted to go and see the Guggenheim and as I haven't quite got the 'travel alone' gene that Rachel is lucky enough to possess, my daughter and I went together from Thursday to Sunday. It was perfect. The weather was kind and we had a fabulous time. I am blessed to have a good relationship with my kids and grandchildren, and (without dwelling) getting through the past 5 years would not have been possible without them. We walked and talked and ate and drank and laughed and cried and hugged and ....sensibly..this time we did not share a room. Previously we have shared and as I snore like a ...well I'm not sure what....it has been a bit challenging for her in other years ...Paris and Budapest and Venice......the extra cost was well worth it and now that I am divorced and single I have sufficient funds. I did love the Guggenheim. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea but what is? We saw so much that we loved. I did not like all that was there but fell in love with a HUGE painting by Anselm Kiefer




As you can see from the top picture the painting was enormous, and I was transfixed. The second picture is me just being delighted to be at the Museum.....and the last one is a dreadful picture but made us laugh, as I had asked for bread. ham and tomato....the bread and ham were very tasty but the tomato came as a little 'jus' in that squeezy bottle....which of course is probably very normal to so many of you but I am quite provincial and it was so funny to me! Normally I wouldn't post pictures of myself, but I am entering into a new chapter of my life and feeling...for the first time in Oh So Many years...dare I say it?

Happy.


13 comments:

  1. I love it when my fave bloggers blog!! Really great to see you and to hear that you're doing so well, Libs. I'm loving your hair too. Always wanted to go to Bilbao but not quite brave enough to do the singleton travelling yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anne. It's too early to feel I'm doing well, but something (not sure what, maybe just time passing) feels different now..I'm in a different headspace and a cloud has lifted. How are you? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you looking happy in Bilbao Libby. I am envious of your visit to the Guggenheim. Whilst I am content to travel alone, in an ideal world I would have the perfect companion to travel with but I'm afraid that has never happened for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rachel...I have watsapped you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good to hear from you Libby! Your trip sounds fabulous and you are looking terrific. It sounds like you are entering a new and happy chapter in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Susan. Thank you for such kind words. I'm not sure about 'looking terrific' but I'll take the compliment.....you don't blog do you? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not have a blog but have considered it from time to time.

      Delete
  7. made a hash of that, will try again

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look wonderful! Congratulations on starting to get your confidence back, and joie de vivre! You deserve to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! how kind of you. I'm not sure I'm any more deserving than any other person but a very long, difficult 5 years do seem to be behind me now and the future is a little unknown but I'm keen to explore it.

      Delete
    2. Well I think we all deserve to be happy (unless criminals or deviants!) But I think people who have been through a very bad time with immediate family and/or divorce can develop low self esteem. Five years is a long time to be struggling.

      Delete