Monday, August 22, 2022

Recommendations?

 I'm planning to go to Belfast with a school friend for 2 nights at the beginning of November.

We are two 'ladies of a certain age' who have been friends since school, and both have a November birthday...so instead of meeting for a meal and drink as usual we thought we would take a flying visit to somewhere we haven't been to before...to walk and be touristy and have a drink.

Having never been before we don't know the areas.....does anyone have a Hotel they can 

recommend? 

5 comments:

  1. A rather odd choice if I may say so. I have known people go to Belfast with a plan in mind which is usually to see the Titanic Museum. Otherwise I am puzzled about flying there for a meal and a few drinks. Hotel, well depends on whether you want budget Premier Inn or want something more special. I think for the type of trip you are doing I would spend more on a hotel and go for something up market where the stars stay which were mentioned when I Googled it. Otherwise I suggest going for a meal and a few drinks in Birmingham as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand you thinking it an odd choice Rachel. We have wanted to go for quite a while, and can only spare 3 days, so initially discounted it, but actually, just walking around and enjoying some food and drink is enough . A 'recce' visit if you will, because if we like it we will return in the spring and do all the touristy stuff.

      Delete
  2. Libs, my friend lives in Belfast now so have FB messaged her for info on hotels and things to do. Will get back to you when she replies. Also, a favourite book of mine is 'A Star Called Henry' by Roddy Doyle, about the Easter Rising. Not everyone's pint of Guinness but I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne that is so kind of you! have just booked a hotel though, although any bar restaurant recommendations would be appreciated. How are you doing? x ps. I love love love Guinness!

      Delete