Sunday, February 7, 2021

A message from the Universe?

I try to make sure I have a walk each day.

 Long walks that take hours with a friend or just a solo local shop visit.

If I miss a day,  I feel lazy and cooped up and think that it is good not only for me to get some fresh air, but in these very strange and sometimes unsettling times, being outside and walking can aid ones mental health I think.

I live alone now and sometimes my thoughts need...rearranging ... or working through.

On my return to home journey the other day, I saw the bin lorry turn the corner, away from where I was walking. 

I was trying to work a few things out in my mind and was becoming a bit .....well do you know that feeling of just wanting to switch your brain off? but it's the only place you know and it keeps whirring away? (maybe that's just me) ...so was resolved to just get home, have something to eat, and keep on keeping on. 

Something small up ahead on the pavement, was, I presumed a colourful bit of rubbish that had fallen from the bin lorry...........



In the interest of transparency, I must say that these two magnetic letters were not placed this way when my feet stopped by them......but ......e? b? p?.......so I chose to listen to my 'message from the Universe' which in my mind was saying BE....just BE. 

Good Advice I thought.



24 comments:

  1. Love that! Sometimes seems like the universe has just the right message for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome...and yes it cheered me up no end! although why I
      thought the b could be a p I don't know.......

      Delete
  2. Yes, sometimes these little coincidences are sent to us, collided with our thoughts of the moment. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only think they fell out of a rubbish bag or perhaps a buggy with an energetic child! they pleased though. x

      Delete
  3. I've got those letters on my fridge so I'll put the same message to myself!!Have a good week, Libs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi...the trick is to take the advice I guess...I'm going to try. x

      Delete
  4. I love that message, some days it's good to just be. It was great to get out for a walk this morning before the wind turned the chill factor down to many minuses. I faffed about this afternoon. I wonder what you'll find or see on your next walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I must admit, even wearing gloves I could feel my
      fingers getting colder and colder. There is always something
      to see, but I am a 'driven by mood' kind of gal so need to take the advice!

      Delete
  5. If my body did as much cycling as my mind some days, I'd be terribly fit. Just allowing oneself to Be is good advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Mary! How I sometimes need a temporary on/off
      switch.

      Delete
  6. Ha ha, I'd take that as a message from the universe also, but then I'm a "glass half full" person anyway so would interpret it as something positive. Someone once told me that a white feather is a symbol of your guardian angel and while it may be baloney I found it very comforting when my dad (in particular), my brother, my mom and my friend died. BTW, I see that you're in the Midlands. Whereabouts are you? I'm a Brummie originally - city centre no less - and definitely used to sound like one of the Peaky Blinders but I think (hope) it's worn off a little after all these years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your optimism....as I said I'm trying to channel some of your 'can-do' attitude, which is hard if you lean towards
      the 'half empty' Live in Sutton but born in Leamington so my accent is a bit of both I think!

      Delete
    2. Ha, I'm not always "can do" believe me, but mostly I'm pretty positive. And greetings from another "Yam yam", as I was called once (but he was gorgeous so I didn't take offence)!

      Delete
    3. Well having a positive outlook is wonderful and I do work at
      trying to have one! Isn't a yam yam from the Black Country?
      and what happened to the gorgeous guy??

      Delete
  7. Well, it's probably good advice even if it's just coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, and I will try to heed it. Hope you are well x

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Absolutely...and try to appreciate the being.

      Delete
  9. Listen to the subtle signs around you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Libby,

    I am reminded of a motto:

    The pessimist sees the glass half empty, the optimist sees the glass half full and the engineer sees the glass as twice the size it needs to be.

    One man's rubbish falling from a lorry is another's philosophical thought for the day. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello both...yes a happy circumstance indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A good walk in the fresh air, observing nature, the landscape and the sky is always good for the mind, body and soul. I walk every day regardless of the weather. Just adding layers for warmth and waterproofing as necessary. Libby, enjoy your walk every day, as I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. I wrapped up so well today that when I was walking back I was way too hot!..but being out was lovely as usual.

      Delete